Saturday, November 1, 2008

Part 10: Progress...



(click on the photos to see close-ups)

It's been a while since I've made any headway on this build - but I'm back at it. It's winter - what else am I gonna do?

Recent work:

Drilled the hole on the top (and the cavity in the back) for the volume knob.

Inlaid a strip of cocobolo the length of the neck and headstock

Inlaid the Irish penny piece (needs some sanding and polishing still)

Inlaid the fret-dot markers. Man, it you are off by even 0.5 mm it looks funky. Still - it was fun.

Burnt the 'frets' using a wood burning tool. Bought a metric ruler and a set of calipers for this. FYI - calipers rock.

I 'dressed' it with all the hardware for these shots. I still have a bunch of things to do before assembly. Including making a new nut. That aluminum has got to go...










No comments: